"Thank you for sharing with us! It was a wonderful Keynote!"
Carolyn Kori Sanders, San Diego AEYC
Over 100 educators of the San Diego Association for Education of Young Children gathered in Chula Vista, CA, October 11, 2014, for their Fall Conference featuring Keynote speaker, Ramona Moreno Winner, who presented on Planting Seeds of Acceptance.
Participants participated in an activity on labeling and biases.
Afterwards, they were introduced to:
- Dental hygiene in different cultures.
- Sampled Miswak/Siwak - teeth cleaning tools.
- The mystery behind Mexican Jumping Beans.
- The Wooden Bowl - a lesson in respecting our elderly
- Mental illness across cultures
- Inspirational story on how to nurture caring/open child.
We laughed, we cried, and we learned to appreciate the differences in each other.
For information on Ramona’s workshops visit www.plantsoa.us